More than 30 Members of the ILA s Executive Council representing 20 different ILA Branches attended a meeting in London on Saturday 6 May.
At this meeting a new ILA Study Group on the role of cities in international law was established, bring the number of Study Groups currently working to 11. A new Committee on international human rights law was also provisionally approved and further details should be announced shortly.
The Chinese (Taiwan) Society of International Law will hold the International Law Association (ILA)-American Society of International Law (ASIL) Asia-Pacific Research Forum on May 19-20, 2017 at Howard Civil Service International House in Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China. The theme of the Research Forum is “The Geopolitics of International Law: Contemporary Challenges for the Asia-Pacific.”
The Research Forum is organized in partnership with the ASIL Law in the Pacific Rim Region Interest Group and the Research Center for International Legal Studies of National Chengchi University. It will provide a forum for academics, private practitioners and government attorneys to examine contemporary international law issues in the Asia-Pacific.
We look forward to welcoming you to Taiwan! Inquiries can be directed to the organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018 ILA Conference (78th) took place in Sydney, Australia between 19 and 24 August. The event was well attended with around 650 delegates registered over the four days.
At the Closing Ceremony on 23 August six new ILA Committee Resolutions were adopted and two new ILA Study Group Resolutions:
- Committee on Baselines under the International Law of the Sea .
- Committee on Feminism and International Law
- Committee on Recognition and Non-recognition in International Law
- Committee on Use of Force
- Committee on International Law and Sea Level Rise
- Committee on International Law and Sea Level Rise - Sydney Declaration of Principles
- Committee on Islamic Law and International Law
- Study Group on Business and Human Rights
- Study Group on the Use of Domestic Law Principles for the Development of International Law
- ILA 2018 Conference Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ILAConference2018/
- ILA 2018 Conference Website: https://www.ila2018.org.au
Papers and speeches from the conference will be made available on the ILA 2018 Conference Website over the coming days.